Breslau Animal Hospital is a full service primary health care veterinary clinic. Here at BAH we concentrate on comprehensive and preventive health care for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and rats. A list of general services can be found below:
- Comprehensive Physical Examinations – A complete nose-to-toes checkup – weigh-in, skin, eyes, ears, nose, mouth (gums, tongue & teeth), heart, lungs, lymph nodes, abdomen, joints and everything in between.
- Behavioural Consultations – A discussion with our knowledgeable veterinarians about your pet’s specific behaviour concerns. They will also examine your pet to look for any potential medical issues that could be causing unwanted behaviour.
- Nutritional Consultations – An appointment with one of our knowledgeable Registered Veterinary Technician. Includes – diet recommendations, weight loss or gain plans, nutritional/dietary resources.
- Neurological Consultations – A discussion with our veterinarians to assess and manage many neurological conditions.
- Annual Examinations and Vaccinations – Done yearly, a complete comprehensive examination, vaccinations (core and optional vaccines based on individual lifestyle), fecal analysis (testing for intestinal parasites).
- Pharmacy – We have an in-house pharmacy that provides short and long-term medications, parasite treatment and preventatives. We also have access to compounding pharmacies for more specialized/specific medication needs.
- Medical Diagnostics (such as):
- Blood Work – Preventative blood work helps us establish a healthy baseline for your pet. Blood work is also used to diagnose illness and disease and help guide anesthesia protocols.
- Urinalysis – Chemical and physical analysis of urine is critical in the diagnosis of many conditions.
- Digital Radiology – Provides high quality, pain-free imaging in seconds, with less radiation exposure, allowing for same-day diagnostics and treatment plans. Also ideal for uncovering periodontal disease and tooth decay that cannot be seen on examination.
- Abdominal Ultrasound – Allows us to painlessly look at soft-tissue anatomy which can help diagnose a disease/illness or confirm a suspected diagnosis. Can also be safely used to diagnose pregnancy.
- Cytology – The examination of cells and microbes under a microscope, which can help diagnose masses, parasitic and bacterial infections and skin issues.
- Histology – The examination of biological tissue. Histology is important in the diagnosis of masses, tumors and soft tissue abnormalities.
- Specialized Diagnostic Tests – Available through an external professional lab for hundreds of different conditions.
- Medical Surgical Procedures & Elective Surgical Procedures (such as):
- Spay (ovariohysterectomy) – Helps prevent unwanted pregnancy, uterine infections and reduces the risk of certain cancers.
- Neuter – Helps prevent testicular cancer, some prostate problems, and unwanted testosterone driven behaviours.
- Dental Cleaning & Surgery – Treatment and prevention of periodontal disease which causes bad breath, painful chewing, abscesses and tooth decay/loss. Bacteria under the gums can lead to more severe medical problems in the heart, liver and kidneys. Total comprehensive assessment of the oral cavity.
- Lump Removal – Removal of masses and tumors. Masses may be benign or malignant (cancerous).
- Laparoscopic & Endoscopic Surgery – We have access to a mobile surgeon for laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures. Laparoscopic surgery is a less invasive than the open surgery. Benefits of laparoscopy include reduced pain, much smaller incisions and reduced healing time.
- Cystotomy – The removal of painful bladder stones.
- Enterotomy – Non-elective abdominal surgeries for problems like foreign body removal and biopsies.
- Chemotherapy – Tailored treatment for each individual for various types of cancer.
- External Specialists – Our veterinarians have a network of board certified experienced specialists available for referral or consulting.·
- Laser Therapy – Our therapeutic laser is used post-surgically and with any condition that involves inflammation. The beneficial effects include increased circulation, reduced inflammation, pain reduction and enhanced tissue healing. It is great for the treatment of osteoarthritis and post-surgical healing.
- Mobile Service - Your pet not doing well? No transportation? No worries. We can come to you!
- Dog & Cat Grooming – Our friendly, patient and experienced groomer is available at least once a week. She is skilled in breed specific cuts and a stress-free environment.
We work in a profession that's always changing, continually improving on itself and implementing new procedures and therapies. This requires a constant state of learning. Here at BAH we believe in this notion wholeheartedly. We stay on top of the curve, staff and facility included, through continuing education and active learning.
If you have any questions about the services or procedures that our animal hospital provides, please do not hesitate to call us at (519)-648-9738, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a inquiry form or appointment request on the "Contact" or "Apptointments"page.